As people who ship or transport freight know, there are two primary types of suspension for semi trailers: spring ride and air ride. Spring ride uses multiple layers of flexible steel strips joined together in what is called a “leaf pack” to provide cushioning for the trailer. Air ride, the more recent of the two technologies, uses a system of air lines, valves, and air-spring bags to raise the trailer chassis from the axle.
- The Crucial Role of Rented/Leased Semi Trailers in Nearshoring
- 7 Causes of Cargo Damage in Semi Trailers and How To Avoid Them
- You Don’t Have To Be a Big Company To Need a Semi Trailer Partner
- Transporting Heavy Loads? You May Need a Liftgate Semi Trailer.
- Telematics and Semi Trailer Safety: What You Need to Know